Archive: 22 August 2017
-
Coach promotes Fashion Sakala, 6 other U-20 stars to senior teamWedson Nyirenda has drafted seven Zambia Under-20 stars in his provisional 34-member Chipolopolo side for 2018 FIFA World Cup Group B qualifier doubleheader against Algeria. Zambia will hosts Algeria on September 2 in Lusaka and […]
-
Mopani announces planned retrenchment of 4,700 workers: We are left with no optionMopani Copper Mines Public Relations Manager Nerbet Mulenga says the mine will have no choice but to retrench about 4,700 direct employees after failing to resolve the power tariff stand-off with CEC. In a statement […]
-
PF wants Kambwili’s expulsion case dismissedThe Patriotic Front has asked the Lusaka High Court to throw out a case in which Chishimba Kambwili is challenging his expulsion from the ruling party saying it is full of irregularities. Last month, the […]
-
Tujilijili drinking competition leaves winner deadA man of Kambelembele village in Kalombo area of North Western Province has died after taking six bottles of Tujilijili in a drinking competition, leaving his rival who consumed five and half bottles battling for […]
-
PF warns Mopani against sending miners on forced leave: Don’t take Zambians for grantedLuanshya Mayor Nathan Chanda has warned Mopani Copper Mines against sending miners on forced leave and placing the mine on care and maintenance. In a statement today, Chanda, who is also PF Copperbelt Youth Chairman […]
-
Court orders commencement of trial against UPND members accused of obstructing policeThe Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has ordered that trial should commence in a matter in which Hakainde Hichilema’s deputy press secretary Brian Mwiinga and nine others are facing a charge of obstructing police officers from executing […]
-
Political Parties Bill needs revising – PePPatriots for Economic Progress (PeP) leader Sean Tembo says the Political Parties Bill must be revised so that the state funding provision excludes the ruling and major opposition party as they do not need subsidising. […]
-
Safari company sues state for $734,434 compensationA Safari company is demanding USD734,434 from the state over the cancellation of a hunting concession agreement it was granted by the Zambia Wildlife Authority. In a statement of claim filed in the Lusaka High […]
-
Farm sues State for criminal trespassA farm in Central Province has sued the state for criminal trespass over the Ministry of General Education’s decision to encroach on its land in Mukonchi area. According to a statement of claim filed in […]
-
We have not backtracked, all patients will be tested for HIV – ChilufyaIn this audio, Minister of Health Chitalu Chilufya says government has not backtracked on compulsory HIV testing. On Sunday, Dr Chilufya made a statement which was contrary to what President Edgar Lungu said on August […]
Trending
POPULAR
COMMENTED
LATEST
Today
Week
Month
All