Archive: 5 January 2021
-
CEC hopes copper price surge will trigger increased electricity demandCOPPERBELT Energy Corporation (CEC) chief executive officer Owen Silavwe says the rise in the copper prices and rolling back of the COVID-19 pandemic provides an opportunity for an improvement in the mining business environment, which […]
-
There’ll be more hunger if PF continues beyond 2021 – HHUPND president Hakainde Hichilema says Zambians will experience more hunger and economic pain if voters do not change government in the upcoming August 12 general election. And Hichilema says he is ready to dialogue with […]
-
4 LIUTEBM staff deny stealing K1.5mFOUR employees of Livingstone International University of Tourism Excellence and Business Management (LIUTEBM), among them a lecturer and two accountants, have denied stealing K1.5 million belonging to the institution. The four denied the theft charge […]
-
There’ll be no wrangles ahead of general conference – MumbiPATRIOTIC Front deputy secretary general Mumbi Phiri says the ruling party now has three more provinces to conduct intra-party elections before deciding on a date when the general conference will be conducted. In an interview, […]
-
Court adjourns Kalimanshi’s libel case to Jan 8PF CADRE Innocent Kalimanshi, commonly known as “PF national commander” yesterday failed to show up at the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court for a case in which he is accused of defaming Home Affairs Minister Stephen Kampyongo, […]
-
Presidential jet can’t be sold – ZAFTHE ZAMBIA AIR FORCE says the Gulfstream G-650 aircraft cannot be sold neither can any other equipment that is on its inventory. UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema has been saying once voted into office, he will […]
-
Lungu won’t be forced into firing Kampyongo – ChipampeSPECIAL Assistant to the President for Press and Public Relations Isaac Chipampe says the President Edgar Lungu will not succumb to public pressure to fire Home Affairs Minister Stephen Kampyongo over last month’s fatal police […]
-
Magistrate commits Ndola man who defiled his girlfriend to High Court for sentencingTHE Ndola Magistrates’ Court has committed a 24-year-old man to the High Court for sentencing after convicting him for defiling his girlfriend. This is in a case when Rabson Chirwa, 24, was charged with defilement […]
-
News Diggers! ePaper Edition 855 Tuesday January 5, 2021... This premium content is for paid ePaper subscribers.SubscribeAlready a member? Log in here
Trending
POPULAR
COMMENTED
LATEST
Today
Week
Month
All